[osuosl-openpower] [Hosting] PowerDev Outage

Samarendra Hedaoo samarendra at osuosl.org
Thu Jun 8 01:42:27 UTC 2017

All the services are back up now on our OpenPOWER OpenStack cluster.

If you are facing any issues with networking, volumes or accessing
your machine on the OpenPOWER cluster, please email us at
support at osuosl.org with details.

If you had a VM deliberately shut off before the outage, you might
want to shut it down again, since we started all the VMs regardless of
their previous state.

Thank you!

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Justin Dugger <jldugger at osuosl.org> wrote:
> We have diagnosed an overloaded phase on the circuit, rebalanced the
> PDU wiring, and are re-enabling services now. Sorry for the oversight!
> --
> Justin Dugger
> Senior Systems Administrator
> OSU Open Source Lab
>

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Justin Dugger <jldugger at osuosl.org> wrote:
>> On-call is currently onsite diagnosing an outage for PowerDev. Are all
>> powerdev VMs are affected as are gcc power build servers. We currently
>> believe it was an electrical problem and are examining damage and
>> recovery options now.
>>
>> --
>> Justin Dugger
>> Senior Systems Administrator