[osuosl-openpower] OpenStack Ocata Upgrade - Jan 2, 2019 8:30am-10:30am PST (1630-1830 UTC)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Dec 18 19:22:17 UTC 2018

Users of the ppc64 OpenStack cluster,

We're going to be performing an upgrade of the cluster from Newton to Ocata
on Jan 2, 2019 at 8:30am-10:30am PST (1630-1830 UTC). Any virtual machines
that are running at the time should remain online during the upgrade and I
do not expect any major outage for those VMs. However, the API interface
will be down and partially available during this time period so new VM
creation/deletion/etc will not work.

We doing our best to catch up with the latest Rocky release and hope to
also upgrade to Pike in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

--
Lance Albertson
Director