[osuosl-openpower] POWER9 availability

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed Jan 16 11:17:40 UTC 2019

Am 05.12.18 um 23:11 schrieb Lance Albertson:
> All,
>
> I'd like to announce that we now have three new POWER9 servers added to our
> OpenStack cluster. IBM has kindly loaned these three machines (with
> hopefully more on the way soon).
>
> If you have access to the OpenStack dashboard or API, you can use one of
> the following flavors to deploy a new VM on POWER9:

[...]

> Please let me know if you have any questions!

Indeed we have. ;-)

Is there a way to migrate existing P8 instances over to P9, or would one
have to do a reinstall?

Also, do you have Intel-based servers available as part of your free
hosting offers as well?  If so, we would be interested in knowing how to
apply for that.  Our P8 instances with you are chugging away nicely, but
my devs tell me our (currently self-hosted) Intel-based build servers
are at their load limit, and it would be nice if we could take some load
off of them by adding two additional Intel-based build servers $SOMEWHERE.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
- X2Go Community Manager -

--