[openstack-announce] Additional external public network available

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Fri Nov 1 22:23:02 UTC 2019

All,

We were running low on free available public IPv4 addresses both public1
and public2 networks. To work around that, we've added a third network
called general_servers1 which covers the 140.211.166.0/25 subnet. This
gives us an additional 97 free IPs. This subnet was previously used for
general Co-Location servers and VMs on our Ganeti cluster however we have
been slowly vacating it for other uses (such as this). There are still a
few hosts on this network that need to be vacated so we'll be slowly adding
those to the pool as they open up.

If you have trouble using the other two networks, please start using
the general_servers1 network.

Thanks!

--
Lance Albertson