[Chronozoom] group projects?

Sichz, Jeffery jsichz at lphs.org
Mon Dec 30 21:00:08 UTC 2013

I saw a demonstration of ChonoZoom at the NCSS conference in St. Louis in November and I'm really excited to incorporate it into my AP World History classroom.

I need some advice/help on creating the following assignment:

*         Small groups assigned a society and a period of time

*         Each member of the group is assigned to create exhibit(s) and add it to the group timeline for their assigned society  (for example-create a chronozoom timeline for Early Latin American development-exhibits to include: encomiendas, Hisponola, Bartolome de Las Casas, Cortez, Coronado, Pizzaro, etc.)

*         I'm not sure how to begin...Do I create a class timeline?  Does each student need a ChronoZoom account?  Can all members of a group access the timeline to add to the project?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff Sichz
Lake Park High School
Roselle, IL