[Outercurve Project Leaders] Voting website

Eric Schultz eschultz at outercurve.org
Mon Dec 9 22:51:36 UTC 2013

Roland,

I know Orchard does board elections in a private manner and it's somehow
verifiable but I'm not quite sure how. I'm asking the guy who ran it this
year so I'll get back to you when I have more info. Does anyone else have
any suggestions?

At worst, we could set up an email address and just have people send their
vote to it. We'd have a neutral party, perhaps myself if the community is
comfortable with that, and I could tabulate and report the results.

Eric

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Roland Saekow <saekow at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have an issue on the ChronoZoom project that requires an official vote.
> We are trying to decide who to give certain server administration
> credentials to.
>
> Originally we used SimplyVoting.com which has a free plan, but now we have
> more members than the free plan allows. It gets very expensive after the
> free plan (goes up to $200).
>
> We wanted to use a website like SimplyVoting so that the votes would be
> anonymous and official.
>
> Does anyone know a website similar to SimplyVoting that would provide for
> secure voting where the person setting up the vote cannot know who voted
> for what?
>
> Ideally, the website would be free for up to 15 people.
>
> Thank you,
> Roland

--------
Eric Schultz, Developer Advocate, Outercurve Foundation
http://www.outercurve.org
eschultz at outercurve.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi