[Outercurve Project Leaders] Participating in Google Summer of Code

Eric Schultz eschultz at outercurve.org
Wed Feb 5 18:25:55 UTC 2014

All,

With the beginning of February is the latest chance to apply for Google
Summer of Code as a mentor organization. For those of you who aren't
familiar, GSoC is a "program that offers post-secondary student developers
stipends to write code for various open source software projects."  This is
a great chance for your project to recruit new community members and have
some ambitious work done on your project at the same time. I figure that at
least a few of our projects would like to participate so, as long as
there's interest, I'll prepare an application on the Foundation's behalf.

The most important part of our application is having good student project
ideas. So we can collaborate, I've created a Markdown file, titled
Ideas.md, on GitHub at https://github.com/outercurve/GSoC-Ideas-2014.
Please use the template to add your project ideas and send a pull request
to merge them by *next Wednesday, February 12**.*

I think we'll get the best results if ideas are added and improved in an
iterative process. Once your pull request is accepted, feel free to post to
this list and discuss your ideas. Maybe someone else has similar ideas or
knows of a way to improve everyone's idea. I'm looking forward to see the
great student project ideas everyone comes up with!

Eric

Eric Schultz, Developer Advocate, Outercurve Foundation
http://www.outercurve.org
eschultz at outercurve.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi