[peeragogy-handbook] Did you miss the 20 December 2020 Peeragogy Housekeeping meeting? Please read this Project Action Review if you want to catch up!

Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory contact at mr.danoff.org
Sun Dec 20 19:51:54 UTC 2020

Hi, Peeragogues!

Below is the Project Action Review with notes and follow-up items from
today's housekeeping meeting. Please respond to this email if you have any
feedback or questions!

And, if you are free, please join us for the next housekeeping meeting
scheduled for next Sunday, December 27th from 12:30 to 1:30 PM USA Eastern
Time

You can find details about it at this link
https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MWZwa21tazRybGZiM2VjY3F0bnZxY3ZkdTAgcGVlcmFnb2d5QG0&tmsrc=peeragogy%40gmail.com

= Attendees =

* Joe
* Lisa
* Stephan
* Dawood
* Ray
* Charlie

= Project Action Review =

1. Review the intention: what do we expect to learn or make together?

* Housekeeping meeting with an initial agenda prepared by Charlie and
improved by Joe

* Been a while since we have done a check-in about the project itself plus
to ensure everyone is okay with how it is going

2. Establish what is happening: what and how are we learning?

* We are learning about communication and confusion plus that we need some
more focused meetings for specific projects: handbook, legal, software,
PARs, and more

* Great having Dawood join! Was awesome to learn about him and learn about
the work he's doing

* Joe demo'd the super cool software text visualizations he's been working
on

3. What are some different perspectives on what’s happening?

* We do not have a clear place to put notes, memos, and/or outtakes

* E.g., people doing peeragogy 20 years ago: how to write down quickly? And
in a way that is findable afterwards

4. What did we learn or change?

* Realising need for some more space to coordinate

* Create working groups? Formalize in 2021 in order to finish the handbook
Apps working group? — Clarity about who's working on what interest)
** Groups can come & go
** Can be working groups or study groups or interest groups

* Like year of monkey or ox, we can have month of "software"

5. What else should we change going forward?

* Upcoming meetings: handbook, legal, software, communications; projects
e.g. how to use PAR optimally

* Adjust intro text on www.peeragogy.org — to add calendar / schedule on
Peeragogy.org

* Have some regularly scheduled meeting, starting with one next week to get
these scheduled (tentatively)
** How can we communicate meetings?
** Starting 12:30 Eastern Sunday 27th, short one to arrange further
scheduling

* Collaborate to create welcome message and policies for new mailing group

* Firm up plans for the January seminar — will people know to come? — what
can contributors add (details to come)

= More Notes =

For more please visit the EtherPad we used to take notes during the call

https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/peeragogy-housekeeping