[peeragogy-handbook] Summaries

Joe Corneli joseph.corneli at hyperreal.enterprises
Thu Jan 7 19:20:56 UTC 2021

At some point — actually at several/many points — we have to deal with
the tricky business of presenting an overview of the whole book.

One way to do this would be through ‘patternizing’ things, and using a
technique like the Wholeness Egg to manage and present the information.

We could also think about a Giant Wholeness Egg that includes the
‘context’ of the Peeragogy project as well as the ‘contents’ of the
Peeragogy Handbook.

The existing text summaries could serve as some clues but they need some
organization!

We may also want to rethink the concept of Summaries in terms of the
"Roadmap" pattern.

Another thing to consider with regard to patterns is the classic
writerly question of SHOW vs TELL.  Obviously we are summarising ‘our
work’ but I wonder if there’s a way to make it less about us, and more
about the reader.

What would the individual summary items look like if they were