[peeragogy-handbook] Meeting Minutes from Peeragogy Handbook Version 4 Production Meeting Two on the Second of February, 2021

Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory contact at mr.danoff.org
Mon Feb 8 19:47:55 UTC 2021

Hiya, Peers!

Here are the minutes from the Handbook production meeting last Thursday.

Attendees:
* Hermano
* Charlotte
* Charlie

We discussed the course that has been a popular topic recently in the
mailing list. We considered which syllabus to use (Tufts proposal or
Berkeley “Winter Seminar” draft) plus discussed ways it could be done
and whether or not it could be used in some way to possibly amplify
the handbook production? Maybe by getting new people interested in
becoming contributors?

We also considered possible structures for the handbook as a whole,
starting with the question: do we want to keep the structure the same
as version 3? Or change it?

We considered possible ways to change it:
* Structuring the along the line of the proposed Tufts syllabus? As
like the skeleton of the book? After all, some college instructors
build course around books they’ve written?
* Or do we want to make a bunch of mini handbooks (as Paola suggested)
that roll into one big one?
* Make it like an almanac or the Whole Earth Catalog? Kinda like
“Sears catalog” for learning?
* A collection of fragments like A Lover’s Discourse by Roland Barthes?
* Keep it snackable
* Make handbook overall logical, practical with fun sidebars?
* Make it impactful right away for reader - answer what is peeragogy?
And how can it help you? So why should you keep reading?

We also looked at feedback the book has received, specifically the
annotations on from Hypothesis:
https://hypothes.is/search?q=url%3Apeeragogy.github.io/introduction.html

Plus comments from the reading group that Joe’s been republishing to
the mailing list, such as these on the Foreword:
https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/peeragogy-handbook/Week-of-Mon-20201228/000008.html

We looked at the current official draft of the 4th Edition of the Handbook
https://peeragogylabs.github.io/PeeragogyORG/

Finally, our next meeting is this coming Saturday, February 13th from
5 to 5:30 PM UTC
2 to 2:30 PM BRT
11 to 11:30 AM CST

You can find more details in the meeting invite
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NHRuOGtqN29mcHZhdmxyNnBpN3Fua2Q1c2cgM2lxNDFvZHBuODVzNTFtZW04Y2dla21vbmdAZw&ctz=GMT-06:00

If you have items you wanted added to the agenda, please email me.

Please also reach out if you have any other questions or if you are
not on the meeting invite and would like to join.

- Charlie