[powerdev-hosting] Powerdev Hosting Feedback and Audit

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Feb 12 20:56:41 UTC 2013

All,

IBM is requesting that we start getting feedback and audit the use of your
LPAR(s) on a more regular basis. I have created a form [1] that I would
like each project to fill out by February 28 (sooner the better). The
feedback will be used to support the continuation of the Powerdev
program. Please
only have one submission per project.

In addition, IBM has requested that we start graphing the usage of each
LPAR. We currently prefer using munin [2] and would like each LPAR to have
munin-node installed and accepting client access from 140.211.166.139 (our
monitoring host).

We will lock down the graphs for each host in case you are concerned with
that. Please let me know once you have this setup or need help getting it
installed and running.

We plan to use this same form at least 3-4 times a year to see how the use
is progressing and if there is any additional resources that are needed. If
you have any questions or concerns about this form or munin graphs please
let me know!

Thanks-

[1] http://goo.gl/ijaPH
[2] http://munin-monitoring.org/