[powerdev-hosting] Hardware issues on powerdev2

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Wed Mar 27 22:41:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Lance Albertson <lance at osuosl.org> wrote:

> Disk has been replaced however I need to work with VIOS support to get the
> volume group repaired so that things are working properly again. I want
> that fixed before I power on any raid1 partitions.

I finally was able to get things back to normal as far as the volume group
goes. I have the following partitions back online:

coho.fedora
karman.pg
parry.debian

The following will need to have their raid1 mirror volume recreated. I will
go ahead and log into the machine and rebuild the array unless you specify
you want to do it yourself.

hudson1.eclipse
piston.debian

The unfortunate casualty is head.centos because it was using raid0. I don't
have a problem of recreating that with a raid1 but I'll ping that owner
directly.

The next time this happens we should be able to bring systems back online
sooner. I needed some help from some IBM engineers (Thank you Robert
Jennings!)

Thanks for your patience!

--
Lance Albertson