[powerdev-hosting] powerdev2 disk failure

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Jul 2 22:14:46 UTC 2015

​So I have some good news and some bad news.​

​Good news, we replaced the hard drive today and brought back most of the
machines without any issue.

The bad news, we noticed that this was a new hard drive failure and ​we
still need to fix this original disk from back in May. I looked at the
storage and it appears that three LPARS will need to be completely rebuilt:

coho.fedora
karman.pg
parry.debian

For now I'm leaving them offline until we get the other disk fixed next
week. We have been prepping a POWER8 OpenStack cluster to eventually
replace these LPARs. I'm going to see if we can just move these three
instances over to that cluster instead of going through the process of
rebuilding them as LPARs. If this is a problem, please let me know.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director