[powerdev-hosting] Low download speeds on OSU CI VMs

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu May 11 16:32:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Smita Bodepudi <bsmita at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Slow network on Oregon State University VMs might be one of the issues we
> are trying to resolve. I have a meeting with them and will talk to them
> today.
> Apart from that we can definitely try alternatives like mirroring if it's
> not too much trouble. Please let me know what needs to be done. Thank you!

​Could the speed problem actually be related to DNS resolution problems?
We've been having some issues with our DNS cache servers lately and that
might be related. I'm curious if you change your resolv.conf to 8.8.8.8 or
something similar if this would speed things up.

We're working on resolving this DNS issue within the next couple of weeks
hopefully.

Let me know-

--
Lance Albertson