[powerdev-hosting] shell.powerdev.osuosl.org down?

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 15 15:27:04 UTC 2017

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner,

We've been slowly moving towards migrating every user to our newer POWER8
platform which provides a lot more flexibility and I was going over some of
the older POWER7 LPARs and noticed no one was logged into the shell
machine. The physical machine that was running on was needing to be moved
and I was looking for ways to make the move easier. When I checked the logs
it didn't seem as though as it was being used so I went ahead and powered
off the LPAR and removed it. Apologies if you lost any data.

If you wish to continue using the resource, I recommend you fill out this
form [1] and request access to our POWER8 infrastructure. It's powered by
OpenStack and we'd provide you a VM under your full control provided you
meet approval for your project.

Thanks-

[1] http://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/request_hosting/

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Marian Such <toxygen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It’s been some weeks now that shell.powerdev.osuosl.org machine is down.
> May I ask when it will be available again?
>
> Thanks
> Marian

Lance Albertson
Director