[powerdev-hosting] POWER7 LPAR shutdown

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon May 7 16:16:39 UTC 2018

I thought I would send a clarification on what is being shutdown vs. not.

Any GCC Compile Farm machine currently on a POWER7 machine (i.e. gcc110 and
gcc110) are *NOT* planned to be shutdown or removed anytime soon.
Everything else that is on POWER7 will be either shutdown or migrated to
our POWER8 systems. These systems are getting rather old and also take a
lot of our resources to maintain when hardware failures happen.

In addition, this is *only* impacting POWER7 generation machines, NOT
POWER8.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Thanks-

--