[osuosl-powerdev] Upcoming hardware changes

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon Oct 8 23:09:18 UTC 2007

Ned Ludd wrote:
> Lance,
>
> Before shipping cottonwood back to IBM would you mind doing a low level
> format of the disk? (after all data has been backed up of course)
> I don't think we inadvertently want anybody to be able to recover
> old /etc/shadow hashes.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sure, I'll make sure that happens.

Just so everyone knows, I'm tentatively planning to have the last day
for cottonwood to be October 26th. My plan is to have the new machine up
and running by October 15th. Sorry for the short notice. Things have
been really busy around here :-)

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson                                    lance <at> osuosl.org
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab