[osuosl-powerdev] something's wrong with $PATH and ccache at ibmcell.osuosl.org

Marian Such toxygen1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:29:20 UTC 2008

You are right.
after setting $HOME to /data/toxygen it runs fine.

[toxygen at pecan toxygen]$ export HOME=/data/toxygen
[toxygen at pecan ~]$ gcc
gcc: no input files
[toxygen at pecan ~]$

this explains it, ccache probably cannot handle nfs.
So probably setting /home/<user>/.ccache as symlink to /data/
<user>/.ccache would help.
In fact, cache of code from other platform is not very feasible to
work with on another platform.
So this could involve even more problems for compiling itself; so it
is not reasonable to use the same .ccache directory for all platforms.

Marian