[osuosl-powerdev] something's wrong with $PATH and ccache at ibmcell.osuosl.org

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 5 20:11:57 UTC 2008

Marian Such wrote:
> You are right.
> after setting $HOME to /data/toxygen it runs fine.
>
> [toxygen at pecan toxygen]$ export HOME=/data/toxygen
> [toxygen at pecan ~]$ gcc
> gcc: no input files
> [toxygen at pecan ~]$
>
> this explains it, ccache probably cannot handle nfs.
> So probably setting /home/<user>/.ccache as symlink to /data/
> <user>/.ccache would help.
> In fact, cache of code from other platform is not very feasible to
> work with on another platform.
> So this could involve even more problems for compiling itself; so it
> is not reasonable to use the same .ccache directory for all platforms.

The whole NFS situation is causing more problems than good so I plan on
us getting rid of it sometime in the future. But creating the symlink
should resolve the issue for now. Sorry for the issues!

Next time you have a problem, could you please send an email to support
at osuosl dot org?

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson                                    lance <at> osuosl.org
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab