[osuosl-powerdev] something's wrong with $PATH and ccache at ibmcell.osuosl.org

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 5 20:17:46 UTC 2008

Marian Such wrote:
> Ok, sure.
> btw. may I ask, you mentioned earlier in this list that I/O of those
> disks is very slow.
> May I ask what is the reason why are they slow?

Because they are basically laptop hard drives running at a slow RPM.
Also the I/O subsystem seems very slow for a reason I could never figure
out. I had the same problem between Fedora and Gentoo when I was
originally setting these blades up.

--
Lance Albertson                                    lance <at> osuosl.org
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab