[osuosl-powerdev] Hardware problems on g5.osuosl.org?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Sep 30 20:02:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:50:50PM +0200, Roberto Bagnara wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am now convinced there is something wrong with g5.osuosl.org.
> I get gcc's ICEs in random places at random times.  Here is the
> last one:
[...]
> Has someone else observed something similar?
> All the best,

Hi Roberto,

I had not used hickory lately, but I just logged in and compiled and
tested an application of about 50,000 lines of C++ with full
optimizations. No ICEs or miscompliations noticed. However if it is
overheating or bad memory (as is often the root cause of ICEs like
that) it can of course be transient.

-Jack