[osuosl-powerdev] Cell servers going away

Ben Kero bkero at osuosl.org
Fri Nov 6 18:57:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

At the OSL we've been gracious enough to have been loaned some IBM Cell
servers.  Sadly, IBM has asked for them back, and we have no choice but
to comply.  Later today I'll be shutting down and unracking all 3
servers(walnut, chestnut, pecan).  If you're reading this email too
late--don't worry, I'll have your home directories safely set aside on
another server for you to reclaim.

For everybody losing an account on a cell server, I'll be creating an
account and migrating your home directory to hazelnut, a
binary-compatible 8-core IBM Power5 box.  If you have any concerns,
please email me directly, and I'll accommodate you.

Best wishes,
Ben Kero
OSU Open Source Lab