[Pydra] packaging for deployment

Peter Krenesky peter at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 18 04:26:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,

    The "dist" branch in the main git repo has the majority of changes
required for Pydra to be installable.  The changes were limited to
moving files and updating any file access to include file paths.

I will merge this code sometime next week after I've had a chance to try
out all the GSOC additions.

== How to install ==
    Read the INSTALL file for more details

== How to setup a dev environment ==
    I'll write a guide for this soon.  For my dev environment I left the
source in place and created symlinks to place the files in the correct
locations.

== Whats Missing ==
    * Proper /etc/init.d scripts - my sysadmin is helping me with this
and hopefully will get around to it this week
    * Templated installation of directories.  currently all install
paths are hardcoded in pydra/config.py this will be modified so that
platform specific directories can be used.
    * Ownership of directories is not set.
    * database configuration - this probably won't happen until we
pre-package a SQLLite database.