[Pydra] Master-Node-Worker relationship refactor

Peter Krenesky peter at osuosl.org
Tue Aug 18 21:31:21 UTC 2009

It does not appear to load existing tasks properly.  This happened when
i ran the task a second time:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/spread/flavors.py",
line 114, in remoteMessageReceived
    state = method(*args, **kw)
  File
"/home/peter/wrk/pydra.sync2/pydra/pydra_server/cluster/worker/worker_task_controls.py",
line 73, in run_task
    workunit_key, main_worker, task_id)
  File
"/home/peter/wrk/pydra.sync2/pydra/pydra_server/cluster/tasks/task_manager.py",
line 304, in retrieve_task
    module_search_path = [pydraSettings.tasks_dir, pkg.folder \
exceptions.AttributeError: TaskPackage instance has no attribute 'folder'

Otherwise it works really well, great job!

  I didn't test it with larger files but i didn't really notice the
extra load time while syncing.  I like how you split out the package

it handles updated files but can it handle multiple versions for the
same task handled for updating while a task is running?  I know that one
was a bit more complicated and likely required saving files in a
different directory structure.

-Peter