[Replicant] SIM not recognized in Galaxy Note II

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Sat Dec 15 10:33:44 UTC 2018

Hi Denis, Hi Jeremy, Hi everybody,

sorry for the late reply..

On 12/07/2018 06:50 PM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> What do you think about potentially working on other tasks that are not
> that urgent instead like:

Unfortunately I don't have time to work on any other task right now.
The only reason I proposed to  work on the SIM issue is that I own a
non-working SIM and I thought I could help by testing and/or debugging
under the guiding advice of some skilled Replicant fellow.
I know I could help some way or another, but I never worked on any
complex task like this, and as such I would need some "kickstarting"
tutoring to begin..
Furthermore, I probably overestimated my ability to allocate my free
time to this task, and I'm sorry to give up but right now I feel I can't
focus on this.

Maybe if Denis and I have the chance to meet somewhere (FOSDEM ???) we
could do some preliminary hacking on this issue so that I can be able to
continue on my own later.
For now, I have to draw back from this. Sorry!

> I also met Jeremy Rand some weeks ago and during our discussion on
> Replicant we found out that Java developers knowing how to write
> Android applications will probably be very badly needed for several
> tasks:
> (....)

I'm happy to say that when it comes to Java and high-level app
programming, the matter is completely different: I'm 100% sure I can
help in any of the tasks you mentioned.
I'm also much more likely to be efficient on high-level projects, so I
totally put myself at disposal for any Java task that are needed.
The only thing I miss on this side is a sort of "wide vision" on the
status of the project and what is needed, so we could use some
coordination to make a point of what I need to work on..

Again: if it's about java, all you need to do is ask, and it will be done!

Cheers, everybody!

Fil