[Replicant] SIM not recognized in Galaxy Note II

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Wed Dec 19 00:25:30 UTC 2018

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 11:33:44 +0100
Fil <fil.bergamo at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi Denis, Hi Jeremy, Hi everybody,
Hi,

> Maybe if Denis and I have the chance to meet somewhere (FOSDEM ???) we
> could do some preliminary hacking on this issue so that I can be able
> to continue on my own later.
Yes, this would be great.

If you are interested It could also be a good idea to do a Replicant
workshop around a conference.

Me and Paul already tried to do Replicant workshops in French
conferences in order to get more Replicant developers, but
unfortunately there wasn't enough interest at the time.

> > I also met Jeremy Rand some weeks ago and during our discussion on
> > Replicant we found out that Java developers knowing how to write
> > Android applications will probably be very badly needed for several
> > tasks:
> > (....)
>
> I'm happy to say that when it comes to Java and high-level app
> programming, the matter is completely different: I'm 100% sure I can
> help in any of the tasks you mentioned.
> I'm also much more likely to be efficient on high-level projects, so I
> totally put myself at disposal for any Java task that are needed.
> The only thing I miss on this side is a sort of "wide vision" on the
> status of the project and what is needed,
I've also a hard time keeping up with what is done outside of the
official repository and mailing list.

However I've been working a lot on the wiki documentation as it is badly
needed and nobody seems to do it.

As for the documentation:
- I'm documenting the project infrastructure (website, server, contacts
  with the FSF, etc). This is strategic as this way we can make sure
  not to have people's work blocked by the lack of knowledge on who to
  contact to get the required accesses. This was often the case in the
  past. It also makes people's work more visible as some part of it
  becomes visible in the project's wiki or git.
  It is also a good practice to document your infrastructure as it has
  implication on its users privacy (RGPD compliance, etc).
- We also need to improve the task page to add back in the information
  we added to the google summer of code tasks page. I've also started to
  do that.

I've also some blog posts in preparation related to the recent
announcements regarding Replicant.

> so we could use some coordination to make a point of what I need to
> work on..
Yes I think that's needed.

> Again: if it's about java, all you need to do is ask, and it will be
> done!
Thanks a lot for the offer.

Denis.