[Replicant] Network unlocking on Replicant

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Mon Apr 8 15:29:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 09:19:00 +0000
amuza <amuza at riseup.net> wrote:

> > Once this is installed and unlocked, try to backup everything.
> > Also try to backup the EFS partition in a form that enables you to
> > very easily restore it under Replicant if needed.
>
> Any recommendation on how to backup the EFS partition in a form that
> lets me easily restore it under Replicant?
Fil Lupin is working on making backup instructions which will also
includes instructions for the EFS. I think some of his work is in this
forum thread:
https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/3/topics/14859?r=14943#message-14943

Also the old installation instructions for the Galaxy Nexus also have
some instructions for that:
https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxyNexusI9250Installation#Saving-the-modified-nv_databin

However on the Galaxy SIII (i9300), the EFS is mounted at /efs
> $ mount
> [...]
> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 on /efs type ext4
> (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,data=ordered)

So besides changing the backup directory from galaxy_nexus_efs_backup
to something more adapted like galaxy_s3_efs_backup you also need to
substitute /factory for /efs.

Denis.