[Replicant] Samsung Galaxy S3 mini

dllud dllud at riseup.net
Mon Dec 16 16:42:06 UTC 2019

Hi mlist,

I wouldn't count on that. Replicant has never supported the i8190
(Samsung Galaxy S III Mini) and probably never will. That device is
based on a SoC (NovaThor U8500 -
https://web.archive.org/web/20130722010722/http://www.stericsson.com/products/u8500-novathor.jsp
) that has the modem integrated into it. This probably means a lack of
proper modem isolation. Replicant tries to target devices where the
modem is properly isolated, without access to main memory.
Furthermore, there seems to be no support for NovaThor SoCs on mainline
Linux. The next Replicant version (Replicant 9) will only support
devices that can run on mainline Linux (or are about to run and just
need a little bit extra work).

For current and future Replicant support I would advise you to get a
i9300 (Samsung Galaxy S III).

Regards,
David