[Replicant] Assembly at 36C3 - Illustrate freedom, privacy and security issues

dllud dllud at riseup.net
Tue Dec 17 02:08:30 UTC 2019

Hi Adonay,

Thanks a lot for keeping up the effort! My comments:

* Since there is some blank space on the front of "The Good Enough" and
"The Ugly Hack", how about adding more apps in there? This would balance
the arrangement. You may need to reduce the font size of the labels though.
I was thinking about:
- K-9 Mail - Email client
https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/raw/master/images/K-9_Mail.svg Apache-2.0
- OpenKeychain - OpenPGP implementation
https://github.com/open-keychain/open-keychain/raw/master/graphics/drawables/material-launcher-old/vector-src.svg
GPLv3
- Tiny tiny RSS - News Reader
https://gitlab.com/derSchabi/tttrsss/blob/master/org.fox.ttrss%2Fsrc_drawable%2Fs_launcher.svg
GPLv3
- KeePass DX - Password manager
https://github.com/Kunzisoft/KeePassDX/raw/master/art/ic_launcher.svg GPLv3
These are all listed at https://prism-break.org/en/categories/android/

* On the front of "The Bad Subjugation", how about finding a way to
collapse the apps of the same category together? Fil Lupin suggested
superimposing them after cut diagonally (example as attachment:
skype+facetime.png).
The idea is to free-up space to add apps from different categories in
there, e.g. Google News as news reader, GMail as Email client, LastPass
as password manager.

* On the back side, what are those 4 elements in the corners (with the
cross inside +) supposed to be?

* The Good Enough - front
- Remove the CAPS on "(TO BE LIBERATED)". CAPS gives too much emphasis
to this bit of info.
- Same thing on "(TO DO)".

* The Good Enough - back
- Could you add a blank line in between the Hardware and Software
groups? It would help recognizing the groups.
- Add a colon to "Modem firmware:". Makes it easier to understand that
the bullets beneath are related to it.
- "Drivers from upstream" - perhaps we can remove this one. The sentence
bellow ("Shares…") already tells enough.

* The Bad Subjugation - back
- Add blank line in between Hardware and Software.
- "Non-free* designs and official manuals" - I would rather say that
designs and repair manuals do not even exist, e.g. "No designs and
repair manuals are released"
- Remove "Soldered to a single mother/main board". As GNUtoo properly
commented, the sentence above ("Not sustainable as it isn't repairable")
already tells it all.
- "Modem firmware:" - add colon
- "Kernel and drivers:" - add colon

* The Ugly Hack - back
- Add blank line in between Hardware and Software.
- "Some are unreplaceable" > "Some parts are unrepairable"