[Replicant] phone OS comparison and app alterntives
fillupin at protonmail.com
Sat Feb 9 12:03:33 UTC 2019
talking to some friend interested into changing to replicant, I have several ideas to increase the presentation of the information given by the website.
1. Several OS for phones currently exists and it would be useful for newcomers to understand the differences between Replicant and these OS. It would also give answers to several questions asked on the forum.
2. Newcomers would like to be able to install the same apps they used on android.
Possibilities to keep applications they used should be given, through alternatives (f-droid, etc.), keeping application data and even downloading app without google account in the case the app is not available in another repo than google play. I have to say I have no idea since I was not really interested in this, I just make some efforts into porting SMS/MMS data to replicant 4.2 (still not 100% functionnal) from iOS and from replicant 4.2 to 6 (0% functionnal)
3.It would be useful if topic titles are prefixed with the same "[solved]" string.
Id would allow:
- giving newcomers an idea of which topic could give some solution
- computing some statistics of solved topics
- giving replicant participant an idea of which topics need an answer
If it seems interesting to the community, I could propose some page content for at least the 1.
- Fil (Lupin).
PS: sorry, it has been a while, I have been a bit busy but I hope finding the time to finish working on https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/3/topics/14859
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Replicant