[Replicant] Request for wiki edit permission

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Wed Jul 24 14:07:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 05:07:50 +0000
markmatney <markmatney at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
Hi,

> I have a wiki account already, with the same 10-character username as
> my email.
I've granted you the wiki edition permissions.

> I did encounter parts of the wiki that I thought could have been
> more clear. I am requesting edit access to the wiki to make the
> following changes:
[...]
Thanks a lot in advance for working on the instructions.

> I recently succeeded in installing the latest Replicant. While the
> process was relatively straightforward,
Thanks a lot for the feedback. The instructions you used are pretty new
and have not been tested a lot as they have been rewritten quite
recently, so it's very interesting to have feedback on them.

For reference, the old instructions have been moved in the
OutdatedPages[1].

The main issue with the old instructions was that there was almost one
page per device. So to make one tiny change, you needed to edit 8 pages.

Because of that the instructions have been rewritten to become
modular. This way when making a change, we don't need anymore to
copy-paste the change multiple times.

Though there are still some things left to be done. In addition there
was some instructions about "ADB sideload" that were present in the old
instructions that still need to be migrated to the new ones[1], but no
one had the time yet to do it.

Also we're looking for people with one of the following devices to
test the instructions to backup the EFS:
* Galaxy Note (N7000)
* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
* Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5100)
* Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100)