[Replicant] Request for wiki edit permission

markmatney markmatney at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 25 06:13:21 UTC 2019

Denis,

Thanks for the edit permission. I went ahead and made those changes I proposed yesterday. "ReplicantInstallation" in particular got a pretty major overhaul.

Thanks for the status update on the wiki. I have some opinions on further improvements, and am interested in contributing to that effort, but as I'm aware that many of you will be convening this weekend perhaps the timing isn't good for making major structural changes. I would join you all in Paris but I'm at UTC-0700. :-)

In my opinion, the main area in need of improvement is the main page. For a new user who is considering installing Replicant, there is too much information there. It is not immediately clear where to start, and a new user currently has to sift through too many words in order to find out. I also think most if not all of the top-level sections ("Supported devices", etc.) would fit better in their own dedicated page, much like the main page of <wiki.archlinux.org>.

Unfortunately, the only part of the installation procedure that I was _unable_ to complete was the EFS backup using ADB. I will try again on my device (GT-I9300) and post in the forums with my results. I will probably be unable to test any of the other devices for now.

Mark