[Replicant] replicant make comment on the pinephone

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sun Jun 23 19:25:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 12:43:29 +0300
Joonas Kylmälä <joonas.kylmala at iki.fi> wrote:
> I think it is more lack of contributors. Also the fact that I think we
> have not had anybody yet receive payment for working on replicant so
> nobody knows how to do it. As far as I know, there has been only
> reimbursements of costs for something like a development phone.
Reimbursements were done for several phones and tablets.

For instance it was used to buy Replicant compatible devices to the at
the time current Replicant main developer, to enable that developer to
make a new release. If my memory is good, it was also used to buy new
devices to port Replicant on.

Some part of the fund was also used to reimburse travel
and accommodation costs to go speak to several conferences.

This enabled to spread the messages about issues encountered with mobile
devices, with the goal of finding new developers.

On my side I didn't use any money of that fund yet.

Denis.