[Replicant] Radio Lockdown Directive (and public consultation)

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Thu Mar 7 00:24:59 UTC 2019

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 11:57:26 +0100
Marcos Marado <marcos.marado at ansol.org> wrote:

> Hi,

> Following up what has been said about the Radio Directive in
> Replicant's BoF on FOSDEM, here are two links I'd like to share:
>
> 1) Information about the directive, from a Free Software prespective:
> https://fsfe.org/activities/radiodirective/radiodirective.en.html
>
> 2) The (recent) public consultation:
> https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/initiatives/ares-2018-6621038_en
> (deadline: 4th March)

The deadline for the public consultation has passed so it's too late
to submit comments, however we have signed the join statement:
https://fsfe.org/activities/radiodirective/statement.en.html

I was told that this directive will be revised at some point, and that
the best way to get rid of the threat it posses for free software is
through political pressure.

Denis.