[Replicant] making non free versions of replicant

ni nhar ninhar at inbox.lv
Wed Nov 13 23:12:34 UTC 2019

> https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

I know replicant comes from lineage os. And maybe nothing is gained
from a repnonfree system compared to a lineage os system. Wrongly I had the
impression that replicant search for unwanted monitoring pieces of software
and remove it should they find something. Rather if replicant gets aware
of a piece of unwanted monitoring software, it gets removed.
What I would expect more about repnonfree than lineage os is, that
every piece of nonfree software gets listed and its potentially implications get explained.
> https://doc.e.foundation/devices/

I know this system. And think it is a good idea. But like about lineage os, I
rather direct people towards replicant, and if people cannot come to
grips with replicant, then repnonfree. I think replicant and repnonfree would be stronger
cards about informing people about free software.

> https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Devices

Isn't postmarket os far away from being able to provide usable phones? My understanding is
should skilled replicant people decide to build repnonfree, then the time frame would
be manageable. Is that correct? Or we do not know how difficult it will be to make a repnonfree
version?