[Replicant] Assembly at 36C3 - Banner Idea

dllud dllud at riseup.net
Mon Nov 18 00:50:31 UTC 2019

Just spent a couple of hours giving a push to this.

According to the 36C3 assembly organization, the table we will get
should be around 1.40m wide. They cannot tell us the precise size as
there are different models around.

To be on the safe side, I think we should opt for a banner that is
1.20×0.6m with adhesive gourmets and no pole pockets. This way we can
tie it on the corners to the tip of the telescopic poles, and use the
rope as buffer for the length difference between table and banner.

I've been asking for quotes here in Portugal and I should be able to get
such a banner done locally for 30-40€, without the liquid lamination.
Most print shops do not offer that service.

After looking through several options, I opted to buy two 3m telescopic
poles for flags on eBay[1]. They are compact enough (35cm) to carry on a
backpack in the airplane. I am just wondering whether they will be
sturdy enough. I will know once they arrive.
Telescopic fishing rods are the next best thing. They are sturdy enough
for sure, although not ideal, because the ones that get to 3m long, tend
to be too long when folded (60cm).
If the telescopic flag poles don't do it, I will buy a broomstick or
similar once I land in Leipzig.