[Replicant] Will the next version be more responsive?

Nick replicant at njw.me.uk
Wed Oct 16 10:53:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

My biggest issue with Replicant at the moment is the latency when
typing on the screen; the delay between pressing a button and seeing
the screen respond. It's small, but larger than on most other
phones, and it makes typing subtly more difficult and brain-
consuming than it would be with a bit less latency.

I presume this is primarily due to the lack of any hardware graphics
acceleration, which is a tradeoff I'm happy to make for a freer
system. I'm curious though whether the next version, based on a
newer LineageOS, is likely to have improvements in this area?

Thanks,

Nick