[Replicant] is replicant 6 insecure? does google update android 6?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sun Apr 5 17:54:48 UTC 2020

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 20:08:44 +0200
a <ninhar at inbox.lv> wrote:

> > We need help on that. Can you try to make some patches for the
> > replicant.us website and/or try to do some modifications on the
> > wiki to fix that?
>

> I can give it a try. Can I have a link telling instructions because
> I do not know about this?
https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/DeveloperGuide#How-to-make-patches

Also about the website:
A very small part of the website is in php, as we needed to include the
same banner on different pages, and most of it is in plain html.

So if you want to test your modifications on your computer you can just
go inside the website directory and type 'make -B', it will generate
some html files that can easily be viewed with a browser.

The '-B' is because the Makefile has a bug. I'll send a patch soon to
fix the bug so we don't need the -B anymore.

Then to view the main page you can just type 'iceweasel index.html'.

There is also a README that explains that, but it probably needs to be
improved to make it more easy to understand:
https://git.replicant.us/replicant/website/tree/README.txt

Feel free to ask any questions if you need help.

> > Replicant is a collaborative
> > project which is made by everyone who participates to it. And
> > anyone is welcome to participate.
> >

> Correct. Programmers who already have a lot to do, should not
> have to deal with these matters.
It's also that once you sent a patch, you will probably be able to more
easily send other patches if you want or need to fix other things as
well, improve documentation, etc.

Learning how to do things is usually the hardest part, but once that's
done it often becomes very easy.

Denis.