[Replicant] Replicant Digest, Vol 351, Issue 1

Joonas Kylmälä joonas.kylmala at iki.fi
Mon Apr 20 16:08:59 UTC 2020

Hi,

I still don't see a reason to include it in the Replicant build process.
Why newer version is better? Without any good reason to fork the
upstream code we should not do this because it leaves us to maintain it.
Although almost nobody is probably working anymore on the replicant 6
upstream source code so this might not apply in this particular case. I
also have the concern how much we can trust this place where ccache is
coming from.

AFAIK, the only thing missing from next Replicant 6 release was some
llvmpipe patch so after that is done in my opionion we should put our
efforts to replicant 10.

Joonas

Tobias Tefke: