[Replicant] 2 patches for the 6.0 0004 RC4

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sun Dec 27 21:22:07 UTC 2020

Hi,

Here are two patches for the RC4 which consist of:
- The release notes (that were modified from the draft for the release
  blog post).
- A small fix for the script that is used to extract the release notes
  from the blog post.

The next steps after the RC4 are probably to test the upgrade paths
between the 0003, the 0004 RC3 and 0004 RC4. I've already experimental
code that can be reused to automatize such testing. I'm unsure if the
test will find things or not as for instance 0004 RC3 -> 0004 RC4 will
is completely untested so far since there no key migration is supposed
to happen in this case, and that wasn't tested yet.

If we don't have more patches and that everything goes well, we could
then release the image: even if many things still need to be fixed (as
mentioned in the release notes) we also need to actually bring fixes
to users.

In the worst case, if we get more patches to review on the mailing list,
we could still do subsequent releases with these additional patches.

This is also why we need to get the key migration right: we don't want
to have issues with potential subsequent releases. In addition we could
probably reuse all that in Replicant 11 or later for upgrades when we
need to change signing keys.

For the first patch, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web
interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant/commit/?id=418c955d2d1b7c80925b77ca0ee9e9bb28c3a938

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant
cd vendor_replicant
git show 418c955d2d1b7c80925b77ca0ee9e9bb28c3a938

And for the second one, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web
interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-release-scripts/commit/?id=28a5627aa75523f05ad1ed35c1e0e4b75e6e473c

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-release-scripts
cd vendor_replicant-release-scripts
git show 28a5627aa75523f05ad1ed35c1e0e4b75e6e473c

Denis.