[Replicant] Replicant 6.0 0004 RC1 on espressowifi

Graham Cobb g.replicant at cobb.uk.net
Thu Feb 13 10:11:03 UTC 2020

I seem to have two problems with Replicant 6.0 0004 RC1 on Galaxy Tab 2
7.0 (wifi only).

I recently bought one of these on eBay. I installed
replicant-6.0-espressowifi and it worked. But with no network
connectivity of course.

I wanted to see if I could make the new wired ethernet support work so I
tried to install Replicant 6.0 0004 RC1. I did a full installation of
both recovery and the system image (as described in
https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/Installation).

All the steps worked but when I reboot the system, I see the Samsung
logo but then it goes blank and I never see the replicant picture.

Does 0004 RC1 work for anyone else on espressowifi?

The second problem is that I can't revert back to
replicant-6.0-espressowifi. When I try to sideload that, it fails with
recovery saying:

Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: signature verification failed

[By the way - any chance you could use a larger font and brighter
contrast so I can read these messages?]

The system image is not corrupted - it is the same file I loaded
earlier, and GPG tells me it still matches the signature.

Do I need to reload the original recovery image in order to be able
restore the original system image? I will try that next.

Graham