[Replicant] libsamsung-ipc on xmm6160 and ste m5730

Jonathan Bakker xc-racer2 at live.ca
Sat Feb 29 23:24:04 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I came across https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/hardware_replicant_libsamsung-ipc/commit/?h=patches-todo/xmm616-todo&id=44ebce3689469eef25f28b4601acc20c1a665b6b

I have a Galaxy S that I've done some libsamsung-ipc experiments with and would be interested in making sure that the xmm6160 keeps working.  I also have another Galaxy S variant (SGH-T959P) which uses an STE M5730, which has a different boot sequence, but once booted the kernel<->userspace interactions are the same as the xmm6160.  I added support for it in a series of commits on an older libsamsung-ipc version which I have at https://github.com/xc-racer99/libsamsung-ipc/commits/common-rfs-v2 - note that it does in fact use the RFS commands at https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/SamsungGalaxyBackdoor but I believe I've implemented them safely and that they'll only run for devices that need them.  I have both devices running both Android (3.0 kernel) and various linux distros (with a mainline-based kernel) with the modem working in all combinations.

I also have a WIP ofono backend supporting libsamsung-ipc at https://github.com/xc-racer99/ofono/ which works for network registration and SMS, but this requires some changes to libsamsung-ipc to work properly (notably that the RFS commands are now implemented in libsamsung-ipc that are then hooked into from the higher level library, as opposed to entirely in the higher-level library).  There's also some memory leaks and removing the backend causes some crashes.

I'd be happy to test changes on the xmm6160.

Thanks,
Jonathan