[Replicant] Replicant 6.0 0004 RC1

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Wed Jan 15 00:41:21 UTC 2020

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 14:31:36 +0000
Josh Branning <lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kurtis, the link is to the i9305, do these images have support for
> telephony/text? I know there was an issue in the past.

There has been work done by scintill that can be found here:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/scintill/manifest/log/?h=replicant-6.0

However we didn't have the time to integrate all that work into the
0004 release.

I also don't know the status of the work but some other Replicant
contributors/users reading this mail may know about it.

The I9305 modem should be supported by upstream Linux, but I don't know
if the support is fully complete, or how loading its firmware with such
kernel.

As Replicant 9 will use a kernel closely based on upstream Linux it
could be a good idea to test the work on Replicant 6 and port it to
Replicant 9 when we'll have something that starts having enough support
for basic hardware features for the I9300.

Denis.