[Replicant] Android applications on ‘real’ GNU+Linux – Anbox?

dllud dllud at riseup.net
Tue Jul 28 15:49:22 UTC 2020

Hi James,

Gajim seems to work natively on postmarketOS:
https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Gajim
I guess this is your best bet for a XMPP client.

As for using Android apps on GNU+Linux, it seems that Anbox is the only
working software available.
Both postmarketOS and UBports are using it:
https://postmarketos.org/faq.html#will-android-apps-be-supported
http://docs.ubports.com/en/latest/userguide/dailyuse/anbox.html

We are planning to port Replicant 10 (once ready) to the PinePhone.
Perhaps you may wish to give Replicant a second try then. On the
PinePhone we can have GPU-accelerated graphics thanks to the Lima
driver. That will help a lot with the user experience.

Regards,
dllud