[Replicant] libsamsung-ipc on xmm6160 and ste m5730

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sat Mar 28 06:26:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 16:39:02 -0700
Jonathan Bakker <xc-racer2 at live.ca> wrote:

> The LVM partitions are setup by the updater.sh
> (https://git.replicant.us/replicant/device_samsung_aries-common/tree/updater.sh)
> which is run in the updater-script when installing the zip.  Note
> that on install from stock (BML partitions from Samsung) it does some
> odd stuff, such as writing the kernel and then rebooting, before it
> is then completed (now with MTD partitions) and the LVM is setup.
Thanks a lot!

I've done the LVM commands by hand and then after rebooting I could
install Replicant 4.2 0004 again. Right now it's stuck on the Replicant
boot logo but this shouldn't be a big issue to fix if it doesn't
eventually finish booting.

> Is there are a consistent coding style for Replicant projects?
There isn't as it's made of many different repositories that comes from
different projects with different coding style.

However we are thinking of choosing some coding styles for the software
we have to maintain like libsamsung-ipc or for various utilities in
python.

For libsamsung-ipc I think that using Linux code style makes sense for
several reasons:
- As we a have similar workflow and we could reuse the tools it uses
  like checkpatch.pl.
- Several Replicant contributors (me included) also have to touch the
  Linux kernel in one way or another, so it's good to have a consistent
  code style. It could also make review easier if we manage to find the
  time to try to upstream the modem driver in Linux.
- Given that oFono has something that looks a bit like the Linux driver
  model, it probably has a similar code style too.

However we need to convert all the code to that code style, which means
that there will again be massive changes and a huge diff because of
that.