[Replicant] is replicant 6 insecure? does google update android 6?

John Sullivan john at wjsullivan.net
Tue Mar 31 12:45:03 UTC 2020

a <ninhar at inbox.lv> writes:

> https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxySIIGTI9100
>
> If I read the website, I do not recognize a warning saying,
> vulnerabilities originating from upstream might not
> get patched because the software is not getting
> maintained anymore. Replicant not stating such a
> warning feeds the narrative, that replicant rather
> wants to get more users than inform people
> correctly.

The idea that Replicant wants to get more users rather than inform
people correctly made me laugh out loud -- "Use this! Your wifi won't
work, neither will your bluetooth or GPS, and things will appear to be
very slow because of 3D acceleration issues..."

Informing people is always important, but please let's not exaggerate
the issue. Replicant very clearly shows dedication to its principles
over popularity.

-john