[Replicant] apAndroid basic apps still are google?

Joonas Kylmälä joonas.kylmala at iki.fi
Thu May 14 16:25:37 UTC 2020

Hey,

yes, but there are commits to remove the telemetrics, this is at least
what we did recently with the Dialer App since there was one thing we
had missed (https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1827). I have not been
developing replicant 6 in its early days so I'm not exactly sure how
rigourous methods the developer at that time used to check those
"antifeatures". Dllud and GrimKriegor from IRC had a talk at 36C3 about
the state of browsers for Replicant, and I remember from the talk that
lots of the Google stuff (most likely all) was removed from the browser
in Replicant 6.

Other thing you want to keep in mind is that the Replicant 6 security
updates have stopped in (2018 July or somewhere around that time).

Joonas

delocoyo: