[Replicant] v3 for Last patches for the Replicant 6 0004 RC3?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Fri Oct 2 13:50:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I finally took the time to send the V3.

I also tested it with a Galaxy SIII in a limited fascion as I didn't
re-add yet a way to extract the certificates from the
/data/system/packages.xml file, so I can't test yet on my main device.

I've also been working on some python code to make testing devices way
easier/faster but this is not completely ready yet.

So far It can automatically install an image, and soon I'll be able
to script way more and also do things once the image is installed
without needing any human intervention other than making the device
accesible to the computer in some way (bootloader, recovery with adb,
replicant with adb).

+---------------------+
| ChangeLog: v2 -> v3 |
+---------------------+
- Fixed various issues in the gen_key_migration_script.py script:
  The code is now much simplier at the cost of removing the
  packages.xml certificate extraction. This can be reimplemented
  later in a different way: actually extracting them to a file would
  be way better as users would have more control on how to name the
  files.
- The key-migration.sh generated script has been updated too.
- The following patches weren't touched:
  - build.sh: usage: fix non-optional
  - Set Replicant version to [...]
  - Recovery: delete otasigcheck.sh [...]
  - Add replicant-data
  - Recovery: Remove check for matching application
- Two new patches were added as they were useful for sending this mail:
  - replicant_prepare_patch.py: Add -C option to run it in a given directory
  - replicant_prepare_patch.py: wrap git commands in a class

+---------------------+
| ChangeLog: v1 -> v2 |
+---------------------+
- Added a patch to set the Replicant version to replicant-6.0-dev
- In the python script I used hashes(#) instead of a shashes(/) in
  the sed command to avoid issues with base64 encoding in
  v2-0001-Add-script-to-generate-the-key-migration.sh-scrip.patch
- Still in the python script, I also got rid of the hyphen in the
  variables in the generated shell script in
  v2-0001-Add-script-to-generate-the-key-migration.sh-scrip.patch
- I also updated the generated shell script in
  v2-0002-Add-generated-startup-script-to-update-the-packag.patch

And here how to get the patches in a web or git interface:
+------------------+
| vendor_replicant |
+------------------+
In addition to the patches that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patches in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant/commit/?id=a6a593b487b1dce093fd4ca170a1921916efe7fd

And here's how to get them in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant
cd vendor_replicant
git show a6a593b487b1dce093fd4ca170a1921916efe7fd

Denis.

+--------------------------+
| vendor_replicant-scripts |
+--------------------------+
In addition to the patches that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patches in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-scripts/commit/?id=d16bd8ad4bf80fda9cbfacb2cf6bc891a5d44ee1

And here's how to get them in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-scripts
cd vendor_replicant-scripts
git show d16bd8ad4bf80fda9cbfacb2cf6bc891a5d44ee1

Denis.

+----------+
| manifest |
+----------+
In addition to the patch that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/manifest/commit/?id=89e5a4cc08e8bc28472dfe749456e9636a92040a

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/manifest
cd manifest
git show 89e5a4cc08e8bc28472dfe749456e9636a92040a

+-------+
| build |
+-------+
In addition to the patch that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/build/commit/?id=e7e97a20a48885323e4603e6b2260e0d561107cf

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/build
cd build
git show e7e97a20a48885323e4603e6b2260e0d561107cf

Denis.