[Replicant] v5 for Last patches for the Replicant 6 0004 RC3?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Fri Oct 9 16:55:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

In this new version I've added a tool to extract the certificates from
/data/system/packages.xml. I needed it for testing Replicant 6.0-dev
on my main device, as I lost the certificates corresponding to that
image.

While working on it I found new issues that I fixed as well.

I still need to test this patch serie version in practice as so far
I only visually looked at the generated shell script.

+------------------+
| Changes V4 -> v5 |
+------------------+
- Fixed whitespace issues in the help and in the code.
- Clarified certificate / key types in the code
- Added a new tool to extract the certificates from packages.xml
- updated the generated shell script

+---------------------+
| ChangeLog: v3 -> v4 |
+---------------------+
- I forgot to remove the mention of packages.xml parsing in the
  the certificates gen_key_migration_script.py script. That is now fixed.
- While I was at it, I made the output of that script reproducible: before
  if you ran the script twice, you would get a different output due to a
  different ordering of the shell variable.
- I've removed the patch to set Replicant version to -dev as explained
  in my previous mail about it. Thanks a lot Joonas for pointing me
  that this patch wasn't really useful.

+---------------------+
| ChangeLog: v2 -> v3 |
+---------------------+
- Fixed various issues in the gen_key_migration_script.py script:
  The code is now much simplier at the cost of removing the
  packages.xml certificate extraction. This can be reimplemented
  later in a different way: actually extracting them to a file would
  be way better as users would have more control on how to name the
  files.
- The key-migration.sh generated script has been updated too.
- The following patches weren't touched:
  - build.sh: usage: fix non-optional
  - Set Replicant version to [...]
  - Recovery: delete otasigcheck.sh [...]
  - Add replicant-data
  - Recovery: Remove check for matching application
- Two new patches were added as they were useful for sending this mail:
  - replicant_prepare_patch.py: Add -C option to run it in a given directory
  - replicant_prepare_patch.py: wrap git commands in a class

+---------------------+
| ChangeLog: v1 -> v2 |
+---------------------+
- Added a patch to set the Replicant version to replicant-6.0-dev
- In the python script I used hashes(#) instead of a shashes(/) in
  the sed command to avoid issues with base64 encoding in
  v2-0001-Add-script-to-generate-the-key-migration.sh-scrip.patch
- Still in the python script, I also got rid of the hyphen in the
  variables in the generated shell script in
  v2-0001-Add-script-to-generate-the-key-migration.sh-scrip.patch
- I also updated the generated shell script in
  v2-0002-Add-generated-startup-script-to-update-the-packag.patch

And here how to get the patches in a web or git interface:
+------------------+
| vendor_replicant |
+------------------+
In addition to the patches that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patches in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant/commit/?id=47ee59d0d8f4833e3074cd265a1cba3da54ce22e

And here's how to get them in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant
cd vendor_replicant
git show 47ee59d0d8f4833e3074cd265a1cba3da54ce22e

+--------------------------+
| vendor_replicant-scripts |
+--------------------------+
In addition to the patches that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patches in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-scripts/commit/?id=53f08cb13a1e366619837800549e1d7b80b0ddf6

And here's how to get them in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/vendor_replicant-scripts
cd vendor_replicant-scripts
git show 53f08cb13a1e366619837800549e1d7b80b0ddf6
+----------+
| manifest |
+----------+
In addition to the patch that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/manifest/commit/?id=89e5a4cc08e8bc28472dfe749456e9636a92040a

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/manifest
cd manifest
git show 89e5a4cc08e8bc28472dfe749456e9636a92040a
+-------+
| build |
+-------+
In addition to the patch that will follow in a response to
this mail, here's an URL to the see the patch in a web interface:
https://git.replicant.us/contrib/GNUtoo/build/commit/?id=e7e97a20a48885323e4603e6b2260e0d561107cf

And here's how to get it in a git repository:
git clone https://git.replicant.us/GNUtoo/build
cd build
git show e7e97a20a48885323e4603e6b2260e0d561107cf

Denis.