[Replicant] Exposure Notification not working

Nick replicant at njw.me.uk
Wed Oct 14 13:08:12 UTC 2020

Quoth Nick:
> Yes, this is what microG does. They reimplemented it theirselves, so
> it is free software, though I believe I read that there is some
> non-free server-side stuff that it relies on, but I can't find that
> right now.

I found the link I was thinking of -
https://old.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/j4chda/whats_the_main_reason_you_use_microg/g7oqsur/
So I was slightly incorrect with my above statement, thanks to my
dodgy memory. The microG code is fully free software, but most (if
not all) of the covid apps use a proprietary Google library to hook
into it.  However there has been some work to replace that Google
library with the appropriate code from microG for some apps, see
here:
https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/1179

Nick